Prescription drugs for adult-onset-diabetes operate by limiting the livers release of stored sugar or by allowing more sugar or glucose into your cells for energy usage. These medicines include:
- metformin (Glucophage)
- rosiglitazone maleate (Avandia)
- pioglitazone (Actos)
But these days many adult-onset-diabetes are using alternative therapies to help control their glucose levels, and therapy using these remedies is gaining momentum. As with prescribed medications they are taken along with a suitable eating plan.
Altai supplements include:
- Scatter half a teaspoon of Cinnamon on your meals daily. Study demonstrated when cinnamon was consumed for two days there was a decline in the fasting blood glucose levels of between 18 and 29% depending upon the dose of cinnamon taken, 1, 3 or 6 grams. In addition to reducing blood glucose levels, there was also a decrease of between 23 and 30 percent in the triglyceride levels, and cholesterol levels were reduced by 12 to 26 percent. When taken in capsule form, cinnamon should be taken along with your meal or up to one hour afterwards.
- Apple cider vinegar was shown to be effective in improving insulin resistance. Research shows apple cider vinegar may have physiological effects like acarbose or metformin, prescription drugs being used as a treatment for adult-onset-diabetes. Vinegar helps to slow down emptying of your stomach and enables a slow release of sugar into your bloodstream.
- Chromium is thought to stabilize blood sugar also. There have been at least fifteen well-controlled clinical trials on the effect of chromium supplementation on adult-onset-diabetes results have shown chromium enhances sugar or sugar metabolism. Chromium polynicotinate has been proven to be the most potent form and is also helpful in controlling sugar cravings.
- Magnesium amounts are often deficient in the cells of adult-onset-diabetes a very low intake of magnesium is a significant risk factor in the deterioration of diabetic complications, particularly retinopathy.
- Vanadium chemical, vanadyl sulphate, mimics insulin and actually helps to decrease the quantity of insulin produced. When you take this mineral it is recommended you speak with your medical care provider, as dramatic lowering of your blood glucose level may lead to and you will need a lower dose of your prescribed medications.
There are many natural supplements with altai balance that will help to lower your blood Sugar levels it is always best to work with a naturopath or healthcare practitioner who knows how alternative therapy may have a beneficial impact on your adult-onset-diabetes diabetes.
A healthy lifestyle is always the centre of your treatment plan prescribed drugs or supplements are complementary to the strategy.